When putting your company on social media, the two most business-friendly applications with a large base of potential customers are Facebook and Twitter. The problem is these two don't always like to play along (it makes sense, they are competitors after all). Luckily, there is a way so that if you post something on Facebook, it will go to your Twitter and vice versa. We don't necessarily recommend doing this because each medium has their own strategies with content that work best, but we understand that in a busy world, you don't want to have to post something twice. Here is what you need to do:
Linking Your Facebook From Twitter
1) Once you're logged into Twitter, click on the wheel or gear at the top right of the page and click on "Settings."
2) Click on "Profile" on the left-hand side.
3) Scroll to the bottom and click on "Connect to Facebook".
4) Click on "Log In with Facebook".
5) Type in your Facebook email and password. If your Facebook is already open, you won't have to complete this step. Next, Twitter will ask for permission to post on your behalf.
6) Click on "Allow" to accept permissions.
Your tweets will now be automatically posted to your Facebook page under your Twitter username.
Linking Your Twitter From Facebook
1) Make sure you are logged into Facebook and go to www.facebook.com/twitter.
2) Click on the button next to the page you want to link that says "Link to Twitter".
3) Click on "Authorize App".
4) Click on the checkbox next to what things from Facebook you want to post to Twitter automatically in the future (ex. statuses, photos, videos, etc.)
Your Facebook posts will now be automatically tweeted under Twitter. Just remember, the 140 character limit on Twitter still applies. If you want to know more about what qualifies as 140 characters, head here.