Why social media?
Social media offers all the advantages of traditional media at a fraction of the cost. For the amount of money you could spend on a local print ad, you can get months of social media management. And instead of un-measurable, one-way communication, you get accurate tracking, word-of-mouth advertising and human interaction. Never before have you had instant access to attentive consumers in an environment that most people visit daily.
Does my small local business really need social media?
Absolutely. Just like every business needs a name, a phone number and a business card, every business needs social media to stay relevant and reachable. Social media allows you to maintain a modern brand that's at the fingertips of your customers and prospects. It makes your company more human by giving it a voice, personality and responsiveness that’s easy for people to engage with. The average consumer participates in social media and if your business isn't actively using it, you're missing out on a big opportunity.
What are the benefits of social media?
- Social media is significantly less expensive than traditional media.
- More personal and memorable than one-way communication.
- With social media you can reach consumers where you know they are.
- A strong social brand will help you stay competitive against other businesses.
- The most effective way to create word-of-mouth buzz and sharing.
- With analytics you’ll get access to valuable consumer data.
- Social media helps you remain relevant in the lives of your customers.
How will I know it's working?
- See consumer interaction as it happens
- Receive monthly progress reports
- Track data, sentiment and engagement over time
- Consultative analysis of lessons learned
- Compare your measures to industry benchmarks
- Measure ROI of different tactics to identify successful ones
- Test multiple variables to establish best practices
How do I get my customers involved?
You can do these, GetMeFriends can handle these, or we can tag-team them together:
- Set up a custom landing page that features the latest and greatest of your social efforts
- Create multiple tabs for different content and purposes
- Offer incentives and hold contests to increase "likes" and spread the word
- Ask questions and conduct polls to gain customer insight and interaction
- Post text, photo and video updates to give users multiple forms of content
- Create useful applications with real value to woo and wow customers
- Provide timely responses to user posts and messages so they feel appreciated
- Reward fans for actions that help your goals ("likes," wall posts, photo tags, etc.)